Join Our Team!
We've grown really quickly since getting started 2 years ago and we are looking to hire a Studio Manager to help round out our team and allow the artist to get back to making art.
The ideal candidate is positive and kind and has super awesome communication and organizational skills. This position is multi-faceted and requires someone who is self-motivated and detail-oriented, flexible and can handle working in an ever-changing and growing environment.
The position would be approximately 20 hrs/wk. Our art studio is in Chugiak, and while it’s not a retail location, we do have regular open hours for our wholesale clients who want to pick up their orders. Our hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9-3. The Studio Manager’s schedule would fit in somewhere within those hours.
There are a few events that will require working outside of the regular open studio hours - we have a booth at the State Fair and the Studio Manager will be expected to assist in covering some of those hours. Don't worry, the fair is a blast!
- Supporting owner in managing studio operations Multi-tasking like a beast
- Communicating and managing relationships with existing wholesale customers
- Researching and contacting new wholesale accounts
- Communicating with printers/vendors
- Tracking and managing wholesale orders through website
- Filling and packaging wholesale orders for shipment
- Managing and making edits to multiple e-commerce websites - ETSY site, W&R Retail site and W&R Wholesale site
- Managing inventory of product and packaging supplies
- Managing multiple social media sites - to include making posts and responding to comments and messages
- Keeping track of all the little stuff
Successful candidate is proficient with word documents, can effectively navigate spreadsheets, knows how to use an iPad, and can work a MacBook. This really is a position for someone who is extremely detail oriented and organized but can handle a tiny bit of chaos, as we’re growing rapidly and things are constantly evolving.
Starting pay is $17/hr
Please email resumes to email@example.com
About our company: Wren and the Raven sells artwork in the form of (mostly) paper products including vinyl stickers, notecards, posters, alphabet cards and art prints. In addition to an online retail shop and an annual booth at the Alaska State Fair and a select few local market events, Wren and the Raven sells wholesale to gift shops and locally-owned retail stores throughout the state of Alaska.